Announcements

The Darkest Nights - Part 2 is up!!
This has been inactive. D:
Does anyone have any suggestions or requests that would make them want to come on here more?

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Suspicion

Dreamfeather's paws pounded against the forest floor, jaws full of catmint. The sweet smell was crowding her senses, and she had to be very careful not to accidentally chew them up by mistake.
A dark brown tabby crossed her path, and before Dreamfeather could process what was happening, they collided.
The tabby shook his head in confusion, and looked up at the medicine cat, who had dropped the gathered catmint in the fall. "Oh, sorry."
Dreamfeather carefully gathered up the catmint again, smiling. "No, it's fine." She paused, looking over the cat. "I haven't seen you around before."
The tabby nodded. "I found my way to..."
"SunClan." She finished his sentence for him. "You're in SunClan territory."
"Oh, really? I didn't know that. Did you want me to leave, then...?" He started backing away.
She shook her head. "Well, don't you need a place to stay?"
He nodded slowly. 
"Why can't you just join SunClan, then?"
"Will you take me in?" His amber eyes looked hopeful.
"Of course. Can I just catch your name to tell Foxstar?"
"Stormheart."
She smiled kindly. "Stormheart? Welcome to the clan."
-------
Lionstrike padded through the worn out path in the forest, tail flicking side to side angrily.
Great. The more cats that join, the more will become suspicious. It's only a matter of time before-


His thoughts were cut off by a rustle in the undergrowth beside him. He let out a threatening snarl, ready to claw any intruder.
A black cat brushed through, staring at him with calm golden eyes. "Relax, Lionstrike. It's me."
Lionstrike let out a sigh, thoughts clouding his mind again. He turned his back to the deputy, about to make his way to somewhere where he could settle his thoughts.
And then Ravenswoop just had to stop him. "Wait, Lionstrike...?"
The ginger tom growled impatiently. "Yeah?"
"How do you know Featherstar?"
That's when his mind blanked.

(I lied. I did make the post today. ^-^)

19 comments:

  1. Dreamfeather shook her pelt after placing the catmint in her store. Her black fur caught the sunlight that streamed through the den, making her pelt shimmer. She stretched and padded out of her den towards her sister.

    Falconfeather smiled as Dreamfeather sat down beside her. She began to wash her sister's black ears.

    Emberflair padded out of her nest, her belly swollen with her soon to come kits. She had had a few pains last night. But she could tell that the kits wouldn't come that day. She drew her white paw over her ear and watched Foxstar pad past her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foxstar dipped his head to Emberflair as he walked by, his thoughts flying past one another clumsily. He tried not to look agitated, but he could tell some cats noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Well...?' Ravenswoop asked impatiently, with his head cocked to one side. 'How do you know her?'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lionstrike's gaze hardened. "Give me a reason why I should trust you with this."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dark deputy narrowed his eyes. "Because you are a Warrior of SunClan. If there's something suspicious going on with you, your Clan deserves to know."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lionstrike's tail flicked to the side, eyes unfeeling. "There's nothing going on with me. Featherstar just paid me a visit."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shadowflower/RavenswoopNovember 13, 2011 at 6:09 AM

    "I see completely. The vicious leader of an evil Clan, not to mention our rival, payed you a nice little chatting visit. How nice."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lionstrike's lips rose in a snarl. "She knows more about me than this clan ever will." His claws were unsheathed, digging into the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "She knows you? You've actually been spending time with HER? Lionstrike.." Ravenswoop's controlled his voice to sound soft anf caring at the end. He turned around, his back facing the golden Warrior. Slowly and silently he unsheathed his claws but continued to talk in a concerned voice, feigning the dramatic that he was to emotional to turn around and show his face, but he was really readying himself for a possible attack.
    "Why would you do this, Lionstrike?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. He blinked, holding his guard but feeling dazed by his words. "I never said that," he growled out. "MistClan has more for me than SunClan does." Lionstrike's eyes were stony, staring back at the deputy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "More what? More prestige? More prey? More power?" Ravenswoop mewed, still standing with his back facing the golden Warrior. "I really did think better of you, Lionstrike, from the day I joined the Clan. I even admired you."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lionstrike scowled. "Admired me for what?" he mimicked. "My arrogance? My short-temper? Sure, SunClan welcomed me in, but after that, what did they do for me? I've never fit in."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ravenswoop uttered a low growl. 'You never tried to fit in! You just sit in a corner and snap at overly friendly cats and then stomp over to join a patrol to get away from Dreamfeather once or twice a day. I'm .. not trying to attack your personality, but you can't expect to fit in if you don't try to be at least friendly."

    ReplyDelete
  14. (He tried getting away from Dreamfeather before? Maybe you meant Rainheart? :P)
    (I'm at a loss for words, by the way. xD)

    Lionstrike's stared back at him, eyes sharp and merciless. "Fit in?" he spat out at him. "You think I don't try to make friends with them? I've snapped, but after that they didn't even try talking to me again. I've had a lot going on, so you can't expect me to be friendly to every single cat I see. At least in MistClan, they don't care if I snap at them. At least, they would be able to still talk to me after I was in a bad mood."

    ReplyDelete
  15. (Oh, yeah, oops I DID mean Rainheart. Sorry 'bout that.)

    "I've tried to talk to you. Every cat has tried but you brush them away like a leaf on your pelt. I've ran out of words of wisdom. You can come back with me and give SunClan another chance (in which case we can forget about the whole MistClan thing,) or you can leave. Now. To go to your friends in MistClan. I'm tired of arguing. Make your choice Lionstrike."

    ReplyDelete
  16. (It's alright :D)

    Lionstrike stared at him, eyes darting back in the direction to camp for a split second. His ear twitched as he looked back to the deputy, breathing out a sigh. The warrior padded past him, looking back with an aching look before he left. "I'm sorry. Goodbye, Ravenswoop."

    (It's sad 'cause I didn't want him to leave. But if he didn't leave there would be no plot. So...comment, and I'll make the next post.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. (Oh, sorry!! I didn't mean to change your plans :( If you want you can delete my comments..)

    Ravenswoop's shoulder slumped and his strong gaze fell off like a mask. "Goodbye.." He mewed. Then he said in a bearly audible whisper, "I had hoped we could have been friends.. I didn't want to you leave." And the black Deputy turned away and raced stalked back to camp without looking back. "I'm sorry." He whispered, even though he knew Lionstrike couldn't hear him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oops, typo.. I mean't stalked but i typed raced too.. erhm..

    ReplyDelete
  19. (No, no, no!!! It's all fine. :P What I meant was that I don't want him to leave, but I do. Like, my plot's kinda about him. So if he doesn't leave, there's no plot. He's not leaving forever either, so it's okay. ^-^)
    (I'll go make the new post now...)

    ReplyDelete